Walking the streets again! You can take the girl out of New York, but...
I have a life long habit of walking, and Magazine street is always interesting, exciting, and charming.
After the heady experience of talking about that beautiful piece of Chinoiserie, I toddled on down to see Jack and Caroline at Perch.
This horse from Perch would look cute in Malia and Sasha's bedroom!
I loved this huge round table - It's done by Kerri French only for Perch -It's covered with thin sheets of metal, sort of like roofing flashing - it is just spectacular!
It looks like aged zinc
Another table top is leaning against the wall behind this chair -I love the way the two textures look together
julieneil.comParis Table $1200.
Of course I stopped in at Julie Neill's store, and here's a tasty new table hot out of the workshop! It's metal with glazed gilt, and I just love it.
I took a detour down a side street, and stumbled upon this house. I think it combines old and new elements perfectly.
I love the way industrial materials are used - the roof of the house and the driveway gate are common metal. The building behind was once the slave quarter, and now it's been redone in a very modern way.
I think the front garden is a nice city solution using mulch bordered by mini boxwood hedges. The kumquat tree is filled with fruit. The white wreathes on the shutters are very pretty, and I love the X pattern gate.
I even love the way they did the driveway, alternating gravel with concrete squares, repeating the X pattern again.All in all it was a lovely walk. Hope you enjoyed the nice things I spy!











0 comments:
Post a Comment