Naming paint colors and decor styles seems to be a full time job for somebody. So many of us are comfortable when we can put a name or a label on our decorating style. Why? Does it validate what we do? Help us make choices? Offer a shorthand for others to understand?
Earthy Modern; Industrial Countryside Chic; French Gothic Arboretum; Rustic Zen Ranch; Boutique Hotel Traditional; Glam Vintage Chic Office.
This are the labels Hi Fashion Home has put on their room displays. Really.
Can you match the name with the number of the room?
Room #4
Personally I chafe under any kind of label. What about you?
I squirm when people ask me to define my style, because my style is organic and always evolving. I don't like to be put in a box, or painted into a corner. Certain touchstones are always there. I want a room to have style and verve; to be pretty; to be comfortable; to be interesting; to be hospitable; to have a certain quality. I guess that conveniently describes my fashion sense, and my life philosophy too.
Of course definitions are needed to identify furnishings: French, Swedish, Italian, Spanish, Danish, Asian, African, Moroccan, antique, vintage, modern, retro, Mid-century modern, etc., etc. And we define patterns: Geometric, floral, solids, textured, etc.
The answers:
- Room 1 - Rustic Zen Ranch
- Room 2 - French Gothic Arboretum
- Room 3 - Vintage Chic Office
- Room 4 - Earthy Modern
- Room 5 - Industrial Countryside Chic
- Room 6 -Boutique Hotel
- Room 7 - Traditional Glam
Are you smiling? Smirking? Laughing?
ALSO - Be there or be square - Go to perch. who is giving away the cutest red Chinoiserie style chair HERE





0 comments:
Post a Comment