This is a lazy post. I picked up some more gainful employment, so I am super busy. As my mother told me, be careful what you wish for!
My kitchenThe cabinet fronts are covered with wallpaper
I thought it was funny since I'm the plate queen
and er, the ironstone addict too
So I am posting eye candy, and ideas for hanging plates in every room of your house.
Plates can be priceless antiques, or charming flea market finds. They are so easy to make a statement with.
So take a look, and see if you have a wall in your house that could use a little plate love.





•Keep the colors uniform. The pieces do not all have to be the same pattern or manufacturer, but they should all be in one shade. Adding a few solid pieces can help highlight certain items.
• Incorporate other objects for interest. Let the textures of your collections play off one another. Surround a painting with plates and platters. Carved or gold-leaf brackets add depth and contrast.
• Don't limit yourself to the dining room. Plates are always beautiful in the dining room, but they look unexpected and fresh in other rooms. Look for areas such as a hallway, bathroom, dressing area, or outdoor stucco wall.
• Think outside the box. Try unique shapes, such as a sunburst or undulating lines. Or use three or five related pieces to create an arc over a mirror. Vertical rows of graduated sizes flanking a canopy bed makes another impressive display.










0 comments:
Post a Comment