
I'm not Jewish, but I was once married to a Jewish guy. I also had a ton of Jewish friends and clients. I am well versed in the joys of Yiddish.

I was invited to many a Seder. My first one is the most memorable. I was a young bride of barely 18. The shiksa. The goyim.

The table was lovely. The food exotic to me.
Fresh made matzoh from an Orthodox bakery in Williamsburg. Home made gefilte fish, which didn't look anything like a fish to me.
Horseradish I knew. I'm Polish and Formerly The Czech Republic.
I knew wine.

Of course they asked me the question usually asked of the youngest child: Why is this night not like any other?

I love the Seder. Family, friends, good food and drink, great conversation, candles, story telling, another beautiful rite of spring.

So as you clean and cook and get ready, I wish you and yours a very Happy Passover!





0 comments:
Post a Comment