Vamp Digest

Things are hectic.
I'm moving so fast I feel as if I'm moving back in time. Nearly fifteen years ago I "semi retired" from the world of business. I reinvented myself, and gave up my business, and stopped going to the office in a traditional 9 - 5 way.


My days remained busy, but in a different way. You all know it's different when you are not expected to show up at the same time in the same place everyday.


The business of teaching tango and producing tango events is hard work, but it's not 9 to 5 each and every day. We work super hard for intense bursts of time. And the traveling we do to teach keeps our "office" ever changing.

Now I'm back to where I was fifteen years ago, responsible for showing up in the same place at the same time. And I'm teaching tango too.

We just did a tango workshop in Florida this past weekend. We drove up the Emerald Coast. I am so glad when we can drive to our gigs. I'm not afraid to fly, but I don't really like it much.
The sad news about the Air France flight sent my prayers to them all. Many times while hovering over a turbulent Atlantic Ocean I prayed mighty hard for the safe return of each and everyone of us to our destination.

These beautiful Phillipe Stark Mademoiselle Chairs came into Perch today

I'm back at the shop today, getting things ready for a couple of photo shoots.



June is the traditional month for the start of wedding season, and the wedding images you see here are in this month's issue of Veranda, in an editorial about a very beautiful wedding in France. Pick up the issue, or check it out on line.
After years and years of producing weddings, I'm a sucker for pictures and locations such as these.

I have several Shop Keepers Homes stories working too.

One of the Shop Keepers Homes coming soon


And I'm working on something about a fabulous new book on Swedish style coming out by Rhonda Eleish and Edie Van Breems.

Interior Design by Eleish Van Breems Antiques


There's a crew coming to New Orleans in August to shoot a book project I'm involved with.

Scouting for a photo shoot in August


And we have some Bed and Tango guests coming this summer too.



We stopped at the beach on the drive back to New Orleans.

After so many years of having the "free" schedule of someone semi retired, I really appreciated these moments on the beach.


June is also the start of Hurricane season here on the Gulf Coast.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Vamp Digest on social network: