Adding Something You All Hate


There was an amazing flurry of comments at Jenny's MFAMB last month HERE

If you like this fabric, get it HERE



Blah blah blah we all hate Imperial Trellis type fabrics. Well in your face trendz haters! I just covered a cutey-pie Saarinen stool in the guest room with a knock-off fabric from Fabric.com HERE

Visual Vamp Guest Room - Count the trendz!
Folk art painting by Charles Gillam


I love it. And I love my one Foo Dog too. And the black and white stripe rug. And the Dwell Studio bedding. And the sunburst clock AND mirror you can't see.

I took all the colors for the room from the crazy wonderful folk art painting and woodcarving entitled "Le Tango" done by Charles Gillam (call: Susan and Charles 504 975-8421 or 504 234-1703).

The painting is an homage to Alberto and me. That's me with the red hair I used to have.


Chippendale Fretwork Fabric by Waverly
Wicker vanity from Ruby Beets


And to twist your knickers further, I put a SEAGRASS rug on the kitchen floor!!! I sprayed it with something called Sisal Guard, and so far (only two weeks) no problems with spills or anything. I always like adding "living room" stuff to a kitchen. Why? I'm crazy! So I added a mirror over the sink too!


Seagrass rug in the Visual Vamp kitchen


In New York, certain apartments during a certain era used mirror in the small kitchens as a backsplash. My kitchen revamp is taking on the feeling of a bistro, where you often see long mirrors, so I thought a mirror over the sink in lieu of a fancy backsplash looks spiffy.


Visual Vamp uses living room elements in the kitchen
The framed photos have a bistro mirror shape


Anthony Bourdain's Les Halles inspires me


I used a good looking inexpensive closet mirror with a black plastic frame from Target.
I stuck it to the wall with Velcro tape. Beware, I still might get a subway sign for the kitchen, though I am thinking of one from Buenos Aires.


Mirror over the sink
in the Visual Vamp kitchen


Long mirror in a bistro - do you get the crazy mind of The Vamp?


Happy Weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Save Adding Something You All Hate on social network: